Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas

I know it's only the 23rd but if I don't get this out now I know me I never will!!!!

Tonight we will be going to MIL's for dinner and the likes. The grandkids like going to Granny's as they know she always tries to buy them each something--how she keeps doing it is beyond me especially with 7 grands and 10 great grands but this woman saves up all year just for this one day. Normally we give in return but this year with the move and the likes we are lucky to keep a roof over our heads and she understands. It's about family and being together anyhow so I don't dwell on the material side of Christmas.

Tomorrow I will be hosting a Christmas Eve cookie bake off with the grandkids. Cooking with kids is always fun and this is only the 2nd time in many years I've been able to do this. I make my own colored sugar and icing so there's always an array of messiness but thats what makes it fun. Plus this year I have a kitchen big enough to get everyone in at the same time so no taking turns and everyone can make a mess at the same time--Hoorray!! I must admit thought I did cheat a bit on the cookie dough because I bought the pre-made stuff for the sugar and gingerbread ones. I do plan to make my own dough for the Neapolitan (and I know thats a misspell!) ones. I will have to do that the first thing tomorrow morning so they will be ready by noon--yipes I had completely forgot that I told DD soooo early. Oh well I'll make it and if not we'll have what we have.

Then on Christmas Day I will be cooking-so what else is new in that department. I was suppose to get Thanksgiving Day off and what do you think happen--yeah I had to cook and move. That was not fun at all. And to have all those people in a house filled with boxes--wonderful day. We will be having ham, green bean casserole ( made with my garden's beans-yummy), mashed potatoes and if I don't forget to buy them--gravy and rolls. With 9 or 10 mouths to feed this food won't last long. Oh we might have some left overs but we usually divvy them up for each family to take home and have a late night snack or the next's days dinner with. Also if I can find them in the freezer I do plan on making a cherry cobbler and apple pie. Cobbler I can do as it's a very simple thing but I'm not too sure about that apple pie thing as I usually buy mine pre-made ( Can you tell what kind of cook I am by now ????).

We were suppose to have a white Christmas day but the forecast has since changed to a rainy day so Santa will need the row boat at least for the first half of the trip. Not sure what he will need to get home with.!!


Now for the rest of the story involving the furnace. I went to the gas company that following Monday and they said it hadn't been fixed or the tag would have been removed. Our caretaker said it was fixed and provided papers to show it had. I haven't had any more issues since we removed the halogen bulb from the stairwell light so maybe just maybe that was where the actual problem was in the first place. I do keep several windows cracked just to be on the safe side. I have detectors in several rooms but one can never be too careful.

Well as usual I have rattled on big time. I want to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a bright New Year. May your week be filled with family and the love of Jesus. And if you don't have anyone to spend time with then drop me a comment and I will come visit with you.

Hugs, Vicki

No comments: