Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary Whimsie Doodles



Whimsie Doodles is turning 1 !!!!! You can get a glimpse of all the newest items here-(http://www.whimsiedoodles.blogspot.com/) as well as see what all they look like colored and on cards or projects or just hop over to the store-there is a link on the side that takes you directly there (http://www.whimsiedoodles.com/index.html )

I added it just in case you wanted to hop directly there.



For their first anniversary they also had a blog hop . Not sure if that is still going but you can still check out all the awesome goodies the girls made. And they did do an awesome job!!!
I made up a couple cards for the card challenge . The top one is made from a free digi stamp that they gave away at their group page at Paper Craft Planet --here is the welcome page (http://www.papercraftplanet.com/forum/categories/welcome-to-paper-craft-planet/listForCategory) and here is the group page link (http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/whimsiedoodles) Sign up is free and easy so why not check it out
Okay back to the cards!!! the top one is the Geisha ( check out whats new in the store and you'll find her) I used a digital paper for the back ground and colored the girl using Martha Steward markers. I then added more paper scraps, a ribbon and another digital stamp for the saying. I did one in black as well but the coloring looked a little bad after I had posted it online.
The next card is called Swing Leah and is in the Little ones catagory. The papers and all items on it are from a Scrap Orchard digital kit called Spring time in the orchard ( except the butterfly and that is from Modern June's kit- DayDreamer). I wasn't planning on putting her on this but when I came across this I couldn't resist. It's almost as if she is flying thru the sky and looking down upon those flowers. I topped the card off with small flowery buttons and a saying I had lying around.
Why not hop on over and check out all the goodies and who knows you might just buy the entire store!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Super cute! I love both the cards you made!!

Melyssa said...

Wow both of your cards are outstanding! Your details and colour choices are fantastic.