Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. It's starting to get really hot here in Ohio but I won't complain as it was very cool just last week.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Father's Day. Here we will be cooking out today and going to church tomorrow.

Is your father still alive? Mine died in 1999. Though he wasn't a big part of my life growing up I loved him and even today miss him greatly. For the first couple years I couldn't walk past the card aisles without breaking into tears. I never failed to send him a card on his birthday, fathers day or just any time I felt like it. Cards were my way of saying I love you when I couldn't do it in person.

I guess we never really appreciate our loved ones while they are alive and sure we all have issues with these special people but someday they won't be here for us. So if your father is still alive give him a hug and tell him thank you for all he's put up with over the years. And have a very wonderful day .

2 comments:

MandaK said...

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like my kit!
I lost my dad in 2006. I visited him at the cemetary yesterday, it makes it hard to give my hubby a good father's day when I just feel sad.

Census said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed the visit and I hope you visit again soon!
I lost my dad in 2003 and I miss him still, especially at times like Father's Day. So,I understand what you mean about hugging people while we still have the chance.